Minnesota Homeowner's Guide to Metal Roofing
Metal roofs are a classic roofing material. They are common for all kinds of residential homes as they come in a wide variety of colors and styles. If you're considering getting a roof installation or roof replacement, there are plenty of reasons that a metal roof may be the right choice for you. Still, you might have questions about metal roofs and their benefits and drawbacks.
In this guide from Roofers of Minnesota, we'll review the basics of metal roofing to help you determine if this roofing material is a good choice for you.
Benefits Of Metal Roofing
As with all roofing systems, metal roofs have pros and cons. To start with, let's look deeper into some of the advantages of having a metal roof:
- Long-Lasting: Metal roofs have a long lifespan. Most last around 50 years but can last up to 70. In comparison, most asphalt shingle roofs last approximately 15-20 years.
- Durable: Along with lasting for many years, metal roofs can withstand high winds and are resistant to cracking. They also require less maintenance than many other roofing materials, and are also fire-resistant.
- Energy Efficient and Eco-Friendly: Many metal roofs reflect sunlight, which leads to lower utility bills. These roofing systems are also made of recycled materials, making them a good environmentally-friendly choice.
If you want a roof with a long lifespan that’s built to last, a metal roof could be the right choice.
Drawbacks of Metal Roofs
While metal roofs are great for many reasons, they aren't without some potential cons. When deciding on a suitable roofing material for your home or business, it's essential to know about some possible disadvantages, such as:
- Price: The main con of metal roofs is their price. They can be a couple of times more expensive than other roofing systems. However, this upfront cost often balances out, given how long they last.
- Noise: Metal roofs tend to be noisier when it's raining or hailing, but attic insulation can lessen this issue.
Learn More About Metal Roofing
Metal roofs are an excellent roofing material because they are fire-resistant, long-lasting, and energy efficient. If you're considering a metal roof, contact Roofers of Minnesota today to learn more about options. Give us a call at 612-205-4791 to get started.